OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Safety Training
The 30 Hour course was designed by OSHA for supervisors, management and any other company personnel with some safety responsibility for analyzing work-site hazards. The OSHA 30 course provides students with an in-depth study of hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention in the workplace. Students will be able to better integrate workable and OSHA compliant safety solutions in their facilities after completing this course.
HP&P follows OSHA's Guideline for 30 Hour Outreach Training. Our instructors can tailor the training to your operations by applying special focus on any of OSHA's elective topics. Each student will be given a copy of the 29 CFR 1910 for classroom use and for future point of reference.
30-Hour Mandatory Course Topics
- Introduction to OSHA -
- OSH Act, General Duty Clause, Employer and Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Whistleblower Rights, Recordkeeping basics
- Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- General Safety and Health Provisions, Competent Person, Subpart C
- Value of Safety and Health
- OSHA Website, OSHA 800 number and available resources
- Managing Safety and Health - may include
Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, accident investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
- Walking and Working Surfaces - including fall protection, Subpart D
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection, Subparts E & L
- Electrical, Subpart S
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Subpart I
- Materials Handling, Subpart N
- Hazard Communication, Subpart Z
- Hazardous Material (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations), Subpart H
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces, Subpart J
- Lockout/Tagout, Subpart J
- Machine Guarding, Subpart O
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing, Subpart Q
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene, Subpart Z
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Subpart Z
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
The remaining seven (7) class hours are used to instruct on other hazards or policies and/or to expand on mandatory or elective topics most relevant to the students.
The OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Course takes place over 4 consecutive days. This course can be taken in four consecutive days or split into day one, day two, etc. over a 6 month period to better accommodate your operations schedule. A test will be taken on the final day. Students will receive an HP&P wallet card and certificate upon completion of the 30 Hour course. Students will also receive an OSHA 30 Hour card for General Industry from the U. S. Department of Labor. Receipt of the OSHA card takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
OSHA 30 Hour General Industry
Class Dates: (click below to register)
Duration: 4 Days
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.