H2S Gas Safety Training for Oil & Gas
It is essential that oil & gas workers be trained to understand and recognize the hazards associated with Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) gas. Hydrogen Sulfide, more commonly known as sour gas, is a flammable, colorless gas that is toxic at extremely low concentrations. It is heavier than air and smells like "rotten eggs". Once exposed, it can quickly cause you to lose your sense of smell. Exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide gas can be fatal.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Become knowledgeable about the OSHA and API regulations applicable to Hydrogen Sulfide Gas
- Will be knowledgeable about the different sources of H2S gas
- Understands the physical and chemical properties of H2S gas and the health effects it can have on the body
- Understands the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Hydrogen Sulfide exposure control
- Is knowledgeable on how to respond in the event of a Hydrogen Sulfide Exposure
H2S Gas Course Outline:
- Intro to OSHA. OSHA & API regulations specific to H2S
- Chemical and Physical Properties of H2S
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Health Hazards of H2S Gas
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
H2S for Oil & Gas (4 Hours)
Class Dates: (click below to register)
Duration: 4 Hours
Table Of Contents
Contact us today for H2S Gas safety training for Oil and Gas. For more information on this training, please call our office, 303-360-9801.
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.