The role of the “Competent Person” on a construction site is vital to ensuring safe work practices among your employees and those of subcontractors.
As a requirement of the OSHA Standard 20 CFR 1926, a Competent Person Must:
- Have a working knowledge of the regulations that govern the task for which they are the competent person.
- Be able to recognize existing or predictable hazards.
- Have the authority to correct hazardous situations immediately.
HP&P Safety Inc. offers hazard specific safety training in each of the following areas. This training will enable your employee or supervisor to become familiar with the OSHA regulations, recognize hazards, correct hazards and make the right safety decisions on your job site.
- Asbestos Awareness 29 CFR 1926.1101, 29 CFR 1910.1001
- Combustible Dust
- Confined Space Safety Training 29 CFR 1926.21 “Competent Person Level”
- Excavation and Trenching Safety Training 29 CFR 1926.650 “Competent Person Level”
- Fall Prevention and Fall Protection Training 29 CFR 1926.500 “Competent Person Level”
- Hazard Communications 29 CFR 1910.1200(h)
- NFPA 70E/Arc Flash 29 CFR 1910.332/OSHA's Electrical Safety-Related Work Practices (Subpart S)/NFPA 70E
- Scaffold Safety Training 29 CFR 1926.450 “Competent Person Level”
Online Hazard Specific Training related to construction.
Online Hazard Specific Training related to environmental safety.
Click on any of the above classes to see a course description or reserve a seat.
© HP&P Safety Inc.
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.